Breakfast is our most important meal of the day so enjoy some of these comforting winter breakfasts to warm up and boost your metabolism!
1. Chocolate mocha winter smoothie
- 1 scoop of protein powder
- ½ banana
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup coffee
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- ½ tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder (can omit of protein powder if chocolate flavoured)
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth.
2. Hearty breakfast muffins to-go
- 5 cups rolled oats
- 2 scoops of protein powder
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cups very ripe bananas, mashed
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup, agave, or honey
- 2 2/3 cups water
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 380 F, and line 25 muffin tins or coat with coconut oil
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients and stir very well.
- In a separate bowl, combine and stir all wet ingredients (including banana).
- Mix wet into dry, then pour into the muffin liners and bake 20 minutes.
Makes 25 muffins **great to freeze
3. Protein packed spinach and feta omelet
- 4-5 egg whites (or 2 full eggs + 2-3 egg whites)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon feta
- Pinch of sea salt and pepper
- Whisk eggs in small bowl.
- Add spinach, feta, sea salt and pepper.
- Add butter into small pan and over medium heat, add egg mixture. Cook until eggs are cooked through, and fold over halfway.
4. Toasted coconut chia seed pudding
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- ½ teaspoon agave nectar or maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts
- 1 tablespoon raspberries
- 1 teaspoon of toasted coconut flakes
- In a bowl combine the milk, chia seeds, agave or maple syrup and vanilla. Stir until combined and refrigerate for 2-3 hours, or overnight. You may want to stir the mixture a couple times while it’s in the fridge.
- When set, top with hemp hearts, blueberries, and coconut.
5. Warming bowl of oats
- 1 cups water
- ¼ cup steel cut oats
- 1-2 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 1 medium sized apples, peeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Boil water and add oats. Simmer for 20 minutes
- Add apples and cinnamon and simmer for 10 minutes more.
- Sprinkle with hemp hearts and enjoy!
be the first to comment