This light and fresh salmon salad is the perfect meal solution for any day of the week! It is simple to make and is loaded with fill-me-up proteins and heart healthy fats that will keep you full well until your next meal or snack. Did I mention it is also super delicious!
- 4 oz piece of wild-caught salmon
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups of spring greens
- ½ cup yellow peppers, chopped
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ cup red onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cubed feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and add salmon on top. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with paprika, cayenne pepper, sea salt and pepper.
- Place baking sheet into preheated oven and set timer for 15-20 minutes.
- While salmon is in the oven, add all the prepared vegetables into a bowl and top with feta cheese. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, add olive oil, lemon juice, oregano and sea salt. Mix together well and add into salad. Toss to coat vegetables.
- Once salmon is flakey, remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Add onto salad and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis: calories 500, fat 27g, carbohydrates 18g, fiber 7g, protein 57g
Health benefits of salmon:
- Excellent source of protein
- Rich in omega-3 fatty acids
- Good source of B vitamins
- Filled with antioxidants
- Reduces the risk of heart disease and cancer
- Promotes healthy skin
be the first to comment