Keep summer snacks fun with some light and delicious dips that you and the family will love! Great to keep in the fridge as an easy go-to snack throughout the day and also ideal to have out for pool parties, BBQ’s with veggie sticks and healthy crackers.
Easy-peasy homemade hummus
- 2 cups chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of paprika
- Place chickpeas, tahini, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and sea salt in a food processor and process until combined and smooth.
- Sprinkle with paprika to serve.
Nutritional analysis: calories 150, fat 7g, carbohydrates 18g, fiber 5g, protein 6g
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Mash ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Adjust lime and/or salt as needed.
Nutritional analysis: calories 100, fat 10g, carbohydrates 4g, fiber 3g, protein 1g
Eggplant and pepper dip
- 1 medium eggplant-peeled and chopped into 1″ cubes
- 2 red peppers, seeded and chopped into 1″ cubes
- 1 red onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine eggplant, peppers, onion and garlic in a bowl and toss with olive oil, sea salt and pepper.
- Spread on a baking sheet and roast for 45 minutes, tossing half way through baking.
- Remove from oven and cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Place veggies in a food processor and pulse 3 or 4 times. Mixture should have a slightly chunky texture.
Nutritional analysis: calories 90, fat 4g, carbohydrates 14g, fiber 6, protein 3g
Creamy bean and feta dip
- 1 can white beans, drained and rinsed well
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh chives, chopped
- Place beans, yogurt, feta, lemon juice, garlic powder, and pepper in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Add parsley, dill, mint and chives and puree for another 30 seconds.
- Place into fridge until ready to serve.
Nutritional analysis: calories 175, fat 3g, carbohydrates 27g, fiber 6g, protein 12g
Spinach artichoke dip
- 10 oz. frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1-14 oz. can artichokes hearts, rinsed and drained
- 1 roasted red pepper, peeled and chopped
- ½ ripe avocado
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Drain the artichokes and spinach and add them to the bowl of a large food processor fitted with an S-shaped blade. Add in the rest of the ingredients, and use the “pulse” button to combine into a chunky dip.
- Allow to chill for at least 4 hours before serving, and store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Nutritional analysis: calories 100, fat 6g, carbohydrates 10g, fiber 6g, protein 6g
be the first to comment