I am a huge smoothie fan. I find smoothies are the best way to pack a ton of supefoods into one delicious meal. Keep in mind -food is not like medicine – it IS medicine! Incorporating the right ingredients into your daily diet can help with the aging process, with reducing inflammation and in improving your immune system function.
If you do not have an expensive blender – fret not. I make my smoothies in a nutribullet each and every morning. There are two options you can look into;
- The basic nutribullet 8 piece set.
- The champagne nutribullet 13 piece set (I don’t own this one yet – but I love the look of it!)
Both options do a great job at smoothies, salad dressings and other sauces.
Below you will find the ingredients for my superfoods smoothie. Each ingredient contains a powerful nutritional punch along with being delicious. In short;
Berries – anti-oxidant rich foods that help slow down the aging process. They are also are a naturally sweet food that will not cause weight gain or a blood sugar fluctuation.
Cilantro – cilantro is one of the best herbs to detoxify the body. Enjoy in smoothies, salads or dressings.
Bananas – help to keep your smoothie creamy and are rich in potassium.
Collagen – May improve skin health and bone health and are a way of adding protein to your smoothie or cup of morning coffee. One scoop of protein contains approximately 9-10 grams of protein.
- 8 ounces of coconut water or unsweetened almond milk if you want a creamier smoothie. If you are dairy free, click here for some healthy dairy free options to use.
- 1/2 cup of frozen mixed berries
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 scoop of collagen
- 1 scoop of GI revive (my favourite supplement to support intestinal health)
- 1 tsp of hemp hearts -for more information on hemp hearts click here
Do you have a favourite smoothie you want to share? Don’t forget to e-mail us your recipe requests at email@example.com – we would love to hear from you!
Dr. Joey Shulman is a participant in the Amazon Associate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sales to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.ca
Dr. Joey does not sell any products, rather – she refers to various website that offer some of her favourite, clean brands.