If you have read my blogs or watched me on Instagram – you may know my daughter Faith is celiac and I am gluten free. Does that mean we have no fun with food? Heck no! What it means is that we have become pretty darn great at gluten and dairy free cooking.
In truth -Randy (my husband) does a lot of the recipe development and cooking (and boy oh boy is he good at it!) while I do most of the baking. So below you will find the quickest and easiest grain free flourless chocolate cake. Enjoy!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 25-30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life gluten free chocolate chips)
- 3 eggs at room temp
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or ½ cup of monk fruit sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Preheat over to 375 degrees
- Prepare a spring form pan by rubbing butter or coconut oil inside bottom and sides. Set aside.
- Place chocolate chips and butter in a glass bowl and microwave for 30 second intervals 2-3 x, stirring after each interval until fully melted. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Take egg yolks and beat slightly, then add to the cooled chocolate mixture. Mix well and set aside.
- Beat eggs and add to mixture along with vanilla.
- Pour batter into prepared spring form pan and bake for 25-30 minutes. Allow to cool before removing sides of the pan.
- Top with icing sugar and/or raspberries if desired.
Are you interested in learning more about grain free flour options? Click here to learn more!