If you have followed me over the years – you know I am always beating the “eat your greens” drum. Why? Because greens are so rich of fibre and phytonutrients and eating them on a regular basis has been shown to prevent and even help to reverse various disease processes.
One of the staple green recipes I enjoy is my kale Caesar salad with crispy chickpea. The dressing is so easy to make and the crispy chickpeas are a great non grain option to croutons. Enjoy
- 1/4 cup plain hummus
- 1 tsp spicy mustard
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 2-3 Tbsp lemon juice, to taste
- 2 tsp capers
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 healthy pinch each sea salt + pepper
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup of vegan parmesan cheese
Add all ingredients to a NutriBullet blender – blend on high and enjoy!
- 19 ox can of chickpeas (drained and well rinsed)
- 1 tbsp of olive oil or avocado oil
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon of cumin
- ½ teaspoon of paprika
- Heat air fryer to 400 degrees
- Drain chick peas and toss in olive oil or avocado oil.
- Place all chickpeas in the air fryer basket and cook for 15-17 minutes.
- Remove when crispy and add more salt or pepper if dsired.
- Store in an open container
I use my air fryer a lot (2-3x a week for sure!). The specific type I have is by Cuisinart. Click here to view and/or purchase. I use it for crispy croutons, chicken finger, French fries for the kids and a whole lot more. I find it is so easy to use and makes food taste even better.
- 2 large bundles of kale
To shred kale, first strip the leaves from the stalks, then stack four or five leaves atop one another and roll them up lengthwise. Using your sharpest knife, cut down into the roll of leaves to create pretty ribbons