I love having healthy grain free muffins as part of a grab and go breakfast or an afternoon snack at the office. These muffins are naturally sweet, grain free and rich in fibre.
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or monk fruit sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon pur vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup blueberries
Please note: Monk fruit sugar is a natural non calorie sugar that also has no net carbohydrates (making it very good for blood sugar control). It matches the sweetness of sugar and is excellent for baking and cooking. I use monk fruit sugar in my daughter’s AM smoothies, in my cookie and muffin recipes.
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Prepare muffin tin with muffin liners or grease or I use a BPA silicon muffin tin (it makes the most perfect muffins!).
- Add all ingredients except the blueberries into a large bowl. Mix together until texture thickens and ingredients are combined.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon batter evenly between muffin pan filling them almost full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
For more grain free flour options, click here.