I love sweet potatoes! Filled to the brim with vitamin A and C and a good source of fibre -both soluble and insoluble which is ideal for gut health, blood sugar balance and weight loss.
Sweet potato French fries are actually quite easy to make. Just peel the sweet potatoes, cut them into wedges or rounds, toss with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning or sea salt. Bake at a high temperature until crispy and enjoy!
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 3 large)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 to 2 tablespoons spice or spice combination of your choice: chipotle powder, smoked paprika, , Cajun seasoning or simply use sea salt and pepper.
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into thin wedges or rounds (whichever shape you prefer!)
- Toss well with olive oil and salt. Make sure the potatoes are well coated throughout.
- Spread onto baking sheet on a single layer.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. After the first 10 minutes, flip over the potatoes using tongs. Cooking time depends on the temperature of the oven and the thickness of the sweet potatoes -so keep a good watch on them!
- Serve on their own or with some of my delicious tahini dressing drizzled over.
Don’t forget to sign up to my free newsletter by clicking here!