Looking to change up your usual salad routine? This quick and easy kale salad recipe is chock full of nutrients and is absolutely delicious – a sure crowd pleaser!
- 1 bunch lacinate kale
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds (or unsweetened dried cranberries)
- 1/2 cup roasted chickpeas (click here for directions on how to roast chickpeas)
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 4 tablespoon goat cheese (optional)
- Remove centre ribs and stems of kale, wash and dry thoroughly. Lay several leaves of kale on top of each other and cut thinly crosswise. Add to a large bowl.
- Make vinaigrette: In a small bowl, combine white wine vinegar, lemon rind, lemon juice, honey, olive oil and salt, and whisk together. Add vinaigrette, pomegranate seeds and quinoa to the kale and toss to combine. Let marinate for 20 minutes at room temperature, tossing occasionally.
- Before serving, top with chickpeas, avocado and sprinkle with goat cheese.
Nutritional analysis: calories 380, fat 21g, carbohydrates 40g, fiber 8g, protein 13g
be the first to comment