These nutritionally dense coconut energy balls are packed full of healthy fats, proteins and fibers, making them the perfect mid-day snack!
- 2 cups of old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup of ground flax seed
- 2 tablespoons of white chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- ½ cup of raw honey or pure maple syrup
- ½ cup of natural almond butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 scoop vegan protein powder
- ½ cup of dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Add rolled oats, ground flax seed, chia seeds, cinnamon, honey/maple syrup, almond butter, vanilla extract, and protein powder to food processor.
- Pulse until ingredients are blended. (about 10 times)
- Add mixture to a large bowl and add the chocolate chip. Stir to combine.
- Form into 1″ balls.
- Put coconut flakes into small bowl and roll each energy ball until completely covered.
- Place on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Cover and place in refrigerator for 1-2 hours before serving.
Makes 16 balls
Nutritional analysis: calories 220, fat 15g, carbohydrates 20g, fiber 5, protein 7g
For other great snack ideas, click here.
2 Comments on COCONUT ENERGY BALLS
For the Nutritional Analysis for these coconut balls is that 220 calories in each one? OR what is a serving size?
Dr joey shulman your energy balls are yummy and fabulous which is good substitution for grain’s especially for me even I am not sensitive to grains except oats. Thank you