Getting tired of your breakfast routine and ready to change it up? This delicious yogurt parfait topped with a crunchy grain free granola has got you covered! It is loaded with healthy fats and proteins that will fill you up and keep you full all morning!
- 1/2 cup plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup mixed fresh berries or pomegranate seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 cup homemade granola (see recipe below)
- Add yogurt into serving bowl and top with pomegranate seeds and granola.
- Additional add-on include: cinnamon, fresh mint leaves, drizzle of honey, all bran buds or a high fiber cereal and ground flax seeds.
- 1 cup almonds, raw and unsalted
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup sunflower seeds, unsalted
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds, unsalted
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon ground clove
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine all nuts and seeds in large mixing bowl. Stir in maple syrup and spices until combined.
- Spread evenly on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes and turn mixture.
- Add dried cranberries and continue baking for a final 5 minutes or until golden.
- Allow mixture to cool thoroughly and then store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Nutritional analysis: calories 180, fat 14g, carbohydrates 10g, fiber 4g, protein 5g