Treat your mom to a beautiful, homemade brunch this Mother’s Day. Make a nice spread with some of these healthy and delicious dishes she is sure to love!
Apple cinnamon muffins
- 5 organic eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup coconut flour, sifted very well
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line the muffin tins or spray with coconut oil to prevent sticking.
- Put all ingredients into a medium sized bowl and mix together. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Spoon mixture into muffin tins.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until starting to brown.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Makes 12 muffins
Nutritional analysis: calories 135, fat 8g, carbohydrates 14g, fiber 5g, protein 4g
Asparagus, leek and goat cheese frittata
- 1 teaspoon of butter or coconut oil spray
- ½ bunch asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces (discard the ends)
- 1 cup thinly sliced leeks, both white and green parts
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 organic eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400F and grease an oven-safe skillet with butter or coconut oil. Heat the skillet over medium heat, then sauté the asparagus for 5 minutes.
- Add in the leeks and sauté until the vegetables are tender, about 10 more minutes. Season with sea salt and pepper and pour the beaten eggs over the top, using a fork to make sure the vegetables are completely covered.
- Crumble the goat cheese evenly across the top, then place the skillet in the oven to bake until the top is lightly golden, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, slice and serve warm.
Nutritional analysis: calories 220, fat 15g, carbohydrates 5g, fiber 1g, protein 17g
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 slice of sprouted grain bread
- 4-5 cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
- Pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Mash avocado and spread onto toast.
- Top with cherry tomatoes and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper to taste.
Nutritional analysis: calories 214, fat 11g, carbohydrates 20g, fiber 8g, protein 6g
- 4 tomatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 2 large garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon goat cheese
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Place the tomatoes, garlic, paprika, tomato paste, and olive oil in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer and cook, uncovered, over low heat until thick, for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Ladle the tomato sauce into a greased pan. Bring to a simmer and break the eggs over the tomatoes.
- Gently break the yolks with a fork. Add parsley, goat’s cheese and sea salt and pepper on top. Cover and continue to cook for about 3 to 4 minutes, until the eggs are set. Enjoy hot!
Nutritional analysis: calories 480, fat 34g, carbohydrates 24g, fiber 7g, protein 25g
Individual yogurt parfait cups
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt (1-2%)
- ¼ cup vanilla Greek yogurt (1-2%)
- ½ cup of your favourite fruit or berry (or you even can use a different fruit for each parfait)
- ¼ cup homemade granola (see recipe below)
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- Get a small individual parfait cup and layer the bottom with the plain Greek yogurt.
- Add ¼ cup of the fruit and 1/8 cup of the granola to the cup.
- Then add the vanilla Greek yogurt on top. Add the remaining fruit and granola and drizzle with honey.
- Repeat to make as make as many individual yogurt cups as you need!
Nutritional analysis: calories 330, fat 12g, carbohydates 44g, fiber 5g, protein 19g
Grain free granola
- 1 cup almonds, slivered
- 1 cup walnuts, halved
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon ground clove
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine all nuts and seeds in large mixing bowl. Stir in maple syrup and spices until combined.
- Spread evenly on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 10-15 min and turn mixture.
- Add dried fruit and continue baking for another 10 minutes or until golden or browned to your liking.
- Allow mixture to cool thoroughly and then store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Nutritional analysis: calories 190, fat 16g, carbohydrates 10g, fiber 3g, protein 6g
Healthy French toast
- 1-2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons butter, divided
- ½ cup sliced strawberries
- 2 slices of sprouted grain bread
- Beat eggs and add cinnamon. Mix until combined
- Heat 1 teaspoon of butter in a small pot. Add strawberries and lightly sauté for 5 minutes.
- Melt other teaspoon of butter in a pan on medium heat. Dip bread into egg mixture.
- Cook until browned and flip. When other side is browned put 2 slices on a plate and top with cooked strawberry mixture. Enjoy!
Nutritional analysis: calories 380, fat 20g, carbohydrates 35g, fiber 8g, protein 20g
You can also check out our newsletter (click here) for some great, last minute gift ideas for Mom!
be the first to comment