Of all my favorite herbs – cilantro is one of my favorites. Cilantro has long been used for medicinal purposes and has been shown to have some impressive health benefits that may include:
- Balancing blood sugars
- Ridding the body of toxic metals
- Reducing anxiety
- Reducing stomach upset
- May help to reduce neurological inflammation
- Prevention of urinary tract infections
- Supporting healthy menstrual cycles
I love to put this herb into my guacamole, wraps, Mexican dishes and dressings.
CILANTRO LIME SALAD DRESSING
- 1 bunch of cilantro finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 3 Tbsp of fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 jalapeno, seeded
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
Add all ingredients to blender and blend on high. I always use my NutriBullet blender – for my sauces, recipes and shakes. It is so easy to clean and does not take up much shelf space. Click here to see the model I have.
For my top 5 smoothie recipes to make in your NutriBullet, click here.
Dr. Joey Shulman is a participant in the Amazon Associate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sales to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.ca
Dr. Joey does not sell any products, rather – she refers to various website that offer some of her favourite, clean brands.