I love having a bit of crunch on my salad but….I do better staying grain or gluten free. I make these croutons below in the air fryer and use almond flour bread (some may call this keto bread). A very easy recipe – enjoy!
- 5 slices of gluten free bread, almond bread (a.k.a. keto bread) or whole grain bread
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 teaspoon of parsley
- ½ tsp of onion powder
- Cut bread into cubes and put them in a mixing bowl.
- Pour 3 tbsp of oil over cubes and stir.
- Add the spices to the mixing bowl.
- Stir to combine your bread, oil and seasonings completely.
- Pour the seasoned bread mixture into the air fryer basket — or onto your air fryer tray!
- Air fry your croutons for 6 to 8 minutes at 400 degrees or until crunchy. Be sure to stir the croutons once or twice during cooking to keep them from sticking or burning.
Please note: If you are making your croutons in the oven vs. the air fryer – bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes (or until crunchy). Half way thru, stir.
For some additional delicious summer salad recipes, click here.
be the first to comment