My absolute favourite food is pizza. But…being a gluten free, dairy free gal – I need to be creative and always find ways to enjoy my favourite dishes. While I do eat gluten free pizza crusts from time to time -I also enjoy making my own. To feel my best, I avoid grains at most of my nighttime meals -so this grain free recipe is perfect.
The zucchini crust will end up being crispy and is the perfect option to add your favourite toppings such as tomato sauce, pesto, fresh herbs and grilled vegetables. Enjoy!
· 2 cups shredded zucchini (1 to 1-1/2 medium), squeezed dry
· 2 large organic eggs, lightly beaten
· 1/4 cup almond flour
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (I use dairy free shreds)
· 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
· Dash of pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine first four ingredients; stir in 1/2 cup mozzarellacheese or dairy free shreds.
- I use ice cream scoop to scoop out mixture and lay into small personal patties (on oiled parchment paper). Alternatively – you can make into one large pizza crust.
Transfer to a non stick 12-in. pizza pan coated generously with cooking spray; spread to a small baseball sized circle.
- Bake until golden brown, 20-25 minutes.
- Top with favorite toppings and enjoy!